I love couscous! That may be a silly thing to say, but it's just so yummy, I can't help it. ;) I have recently discovered Israeli/Pearl couscous, and it has quickly become my favorite. While it is super delish eaten hot with meat and veggies, I love to turn it into a cold salad, because it's soooo yummy and healthy!
Alright so here is my "recipe" for a quick and delicious Couscous salad:
~ 1 box of Israeli couscous, cooked, and cooled down
~ 2-3 grilled chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces, cooled
~ fresh crisp veggies, diced (I love cucumbers, red or yellow peppers, and white or red onion)
~ your favorite creamy salad dressing (Trader Joe's Greek Feta Dressing is the shiz, and will pretty much season the salad perfectly. Ranch dressing works well too, but I found I needed to add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and white vinegar for the flavor to really pop.)
~ crumbly cheese, like feta, blue, or parmesan (optional)
- Combine the couscous, chicken, and veggies in a large bowl and mix together.
- Add the dressing a little bit at a time, stirring everything together, until it's as moist as you would like it to be.
- Taste test - add any salt, pepper, garlic, etc. if needed.
- Add/top with cheese, if using.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, so the flavors can really soak in. I'm not quite that patient, but I definitely notice better flavors when I have the left-overs the next day.